Dead Simple Quilt Cutting Fabrics

The starter post for this Dead Simple QAL is here and please feel free to join at any time.  I would love to see links to blogposts, palette and progress pics so please upload all of these to my Flickr group which you can find here.  Once your fabrics have arrived or you have pulled from stash, you are ready to start cutting.  If you want someone to put together a bundle of fabrics for you, get in touch with Peg and Becca from Sew Fresh Fabrics.  My bundle is a currently winging its way over the Altantic and is a mix of 25 FQs, both solids and prints but you could of course make up your fabrics from all prints, all solids or all scraps from your stash.


There are two sizes of quilt you could make following this QAL - 50" X 70" and 70" X 90".  And there are two sizes of "blocks" within the possible quilts - 5" charm squares or 9" squares obtaining by cutting a fat quarter into four squares (I will call these quarter fat quarters or QFQs).  Here is a reminder of what you need to cut for each type of quilt.  For a small charm square quilt, you will need 16 FQs cut into 192 5" squares to make a quilt 12 X 16 squares and 54" X 72".



For a small 9" square quilt you will need 12 FQs cut into 48 9" squares to make a quilt 6 X 8 squares and 51" X 68"


For a large charm quilt you will need 25 FQs cut into 300 5" squares to make a quilt 15 X 20 squares and 70" X 90".


For a large QFQ quilt you will need 22 FQs cut into 88 9"squares to make a quilt 8 X 11 squares and 68" X 93".


So,once you have your fabrics, come and show them to us in the Lilys Quilts Flickr group and I look forward to seeing stacks of squares of beautiful fabrics appearing too when you're ready.  Don't feel rushed or behind - my fabrics haven't arrived yet so you'll be ahead of the game if you're ready for cutting!

Comments

  1. Sounds like your turn for slow postie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for lovely comments on my university quilt......i think she did love it...a piece of home far away

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurry up postie, we want to see Lynne's bundle ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I just moved a pile of fabrics in my office and found the last Lynne project I started. I can't even go here...but I'm glad you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm saving up for this one :-) Honest. Still havent picked my colours, I keep finding new possibilities! Hope your postie comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fabrics have arrived and I think I might just start cutting it all out over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm planning to start cutting on the week-end as well. However, I haven't decided on 5" or 9".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorely tempted to try this one!!! I need to save for fabric too as I don't have many solids actually! Will post a pick of my colour scheme on flickr in meantime I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We ( my son and I) have just picked out the fabric for this QAL with the help of the girls from Sew Fresh Fabrics! Yay can't wait for them to arrive :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)