Fat Quarterly Shape Workshop now shipping

Over the past year or so, the Fat Quarterly gang have been working away on their very own book (I will be giving one away before too long...) and it is now shipping.

eeek!

So, if you pop over to Amazon, click to buy, it will wing its way to you in pretty short order.  FYI Amazon.com has the book in stock, whereas the UK site is still a little bit behind and showing the book as out of stock.  There are 60 blocks and 12 projects in the book, each of the six chapters uses a particular shape as a theme and there are 10 blocks per chapter, and 2 projects - one of which is a large quilt, and the other is a smaller project.


My review is coming up in the special London Retreat issue of Fat Quarterly, free to attendees of the event and available to buy afterwards so I won't give away too much of why I think this is such a great book BUT let me say that it is beautifully presented, great photos, great layout and fabulous presentation.


And it is packed full of fabulous projects from blocks to medium sized projects to plenty of beautiful quilts, suitable for all skill levels.


And it is very much a "nowadays" quilt book.  Modern, yes.  But a traditional quilter could pick up this book, use traditional fabrics and make a whole host of beautiful projects and quilts too. 

Comments

  1. It looks like an awesome book, of course, I just am instantly intrigued by any book with "workshop" in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is definitely top of my "Books I Need" list.
    The pictures look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one to add to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ship has already docked at FB Mansions x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazon uk need to pull their finger out. I pre-ordered this and Tula Pink's book when they were first announced and I'm still waiting! Not happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an awesome book added to my big fat wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. already on my wishlist ... looks really bumper packed full of inspiration... how amazing is that last quilt ??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooop! Going immediately on my wish list! What a shame they are not up to date on the UK site though....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep,I'm in the process of ordering it, it looks like a great book! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ordered it the other day and it's already on it's way here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this temptation I would be willing to succumb to! Will you be signing copies at Retreat??

    Love that last quilt!

    Fame, fortune etc!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mine is on the way and I LOVE that last quilt pictured! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have mine...and plan on making a lot of projects from it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bad Lynne, bad! You made me put it in my cart and buy it!

    (luckily, I had some gift cards so I only had to pay $3.50 for it to cover shipping)

    I LOVE MAIL!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mine arrived in the mail yesterday. Love LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure this is on my wish list...just off to check! (I must remember to drop some hints!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The saw blade looking quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I pre-ordered the book eons ago and got it Saturday!!! It is fabulous. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment away peeps :-)